(1) Citizenship. Citizen of the United States. (Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3g, this part.)
(2) Graduation from School of Nursing
(a) Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State agency, and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant. [NOTE: See exception in subparagraph (b) below for candidates who are enrolled in a MSN Bridge Program.]1. The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), an accrediting arm of the National League for Nursing located at 61 Broadway, 33rd Floor, New York, New York 10006 or call (800) ###-#### extension 153. The NLNAC accredits all levels of nursing programs. Additional information may be obtained from the NLNAC web site; or
2. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), an accrediting arm of the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). The CCNE accredits bachelors and masters degree programs, and is located at One Dupont Circle N.W., Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036 or call (202) ###-####. Additional information may be obtained from the CCNE web site.(b) [The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. In these programs, students are given a certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX and should submit this certification to VA prior to appointment. Students do not earn a BSN, but receive a MSN degree upon completion of course work. A copy of the MSN transcript must be provided to VA. Bridge programs that confer a master’s degree also fully meet the education requirement, even though a Bachelor’s Degree is not awarded.(c)] In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active, and unrestricted registration (see paragraph 2a(3)) will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
NOTE: Most individuals admitted as permanent residents or adjusting to permanent resident status as registered nurses on or after December 14, 1998, for the purpose of working as a registered nurse, must meet the certification requirements in Section 343 of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (Pub. L. 104-208, September 30, 1996). This certification involves a review of the alien’s education, training, license(s), and experience, verification that the alien possess an acceptable level of competence in written and oral English, and a requirement that the individual has passed either the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) Qualifying Examination or the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc. examination, the NCLEX-RN. For additional information see Pub. L. 104-208, 63 Federal Register 55007-55012, dated October 14, 1998, and the CGFNS web site.
(a) Condition of Employment. A registered nurse (RN) will have a current, full, active and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the U.S. or in the District of Columbia. The appointing official may waive this registration if the RN is to serve in a country other than the U.S. and the RN has registration in that country (e.g., Philippines). The RN must maintain a current, full, active and unrestricted registration to continue employment with VA. (b) Impaired Registration. An impaired registration is any registration(s) revoked, suspended, denied, restricted, limited, or issued/placed in a probationary status. A registered nurse who has or ever had any such impairment to their registration as listed above may be appointed only in accordance with the provisions of chapter 3, section B, paragraph 15 of this part.
(4) Physical Standards. See VA Directive and Handbook 5019.
A pre-employment physical examination will be required.
This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. Transferring patients and objects may be required. Mechanical patient lifts are provided. The incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations or operative/invasive procedures. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to patients who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs. Must complete annual Employee Health requirements, such as annual TB screening or testing, as a condition of employment.
(5) English Language Proficiency. RNs appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).Education
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: . If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: .
Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, intensive, maternal, nurse clinical, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgery, surgical, tcu
Tagged as: Ambulatory, Care Unit, intensive, Maternal, Nurse Clinical, Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, Surgery, surgical, Tcu
*Location – Round Rock Hospital – 4th Floor**Specialty – Med Surg/Ortho**Hours – Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm**JOB SUMMARY*The Care...Apply For This Job
Find a job that matches your lifestyle needs! We have jobs from over 1500 senior living facilities and hospitals in...Apply For This Job
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing all duties related to the efficient, safe, and compliant...Apply For This Job
An Optical Retail Sales Associate is trained to dispense and fit glasses and contacts, working from the prescriptions written by...Apply For This Job
Travel Surgical Technician Numerous Nationwide Travel Assignments / JobsGeneral Surgery / Cardiac / Ortho / Neuro / L&D experience CST...Apply For This Job