The EMS Shift Commander provides direct management of the EMS personnel for the assigned shift under the direction of the Operations Manager. The EMS Shift Commander manages the operations and personnel of the assigned shift to include operational and clinical oversight of the assigned units and personnel. Additionally, the EMS Shift Commander will be responsible for providing patient care under the direction of the Scott & White EMS Medical Director.
The job duties of the EMS Shift Commander also include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for selection and hiring of ems staff as well as orientation and training of new hires.
* Directs personnel to ensure compliance to Departmental and Institutional policies, procedures, protocols and mission/vision. Works closely with Human Resources in the selection process of new staff.
* Provides and schedules adequate resources for the orientation and training of new hires
* Develops, implement and manages operational (non-clinical) training for new hires and existing staff.
* Develops, implements and manage processes, procedures and documents to effectively manage requests for medical standbys and public relations events, and for the operations on-site at such events.
* Assess standby and special event requests for approval in the context of the mission, vision and goals of the Department.
* Works with Clinical Manager to demonstrate and communicate requirements and the Scott & White commitment to absolute compliance.
* Provides advanced medical care under special circumstances.
* Demonstrates accurate and effective patient assessment skills.
* Assessment leads to appropriate action plan.
* Selects most appropriate treatment/intervention plan based upon patient needs and circumstances.
* Provides appropriate and effective feedback to EMS personnel regarding their operational and clinical performance on the scene, including proper documentation as required..
* Effectively monitors system status and is constantly aware of system resources and capabilities, relative to active and pending calls for service
The ideal candidate for the EMS Shift Commander role will be interpersonal, possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have experience in conflict resolution.
* *Location/Facility* – BSW Memorial Hospital
*Specialty/Department/Practice – Shift Commander Paramedic*
* *Shift/Schedule* – Full Time Shifts May Vary
* *Benefits – *Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
– EXPERIENCE – A minimum of 2 years experience required
– CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION –
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Emerg Med Tech – Paramedic (EMT-P)
Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain valid TX DL within 90 days of hire.
Tagged as: br, Ems, the
Travel OR Registered Nurse (RN) assignment in Alexandria, VA!! Earn $2,100/weekly gross pay for this OR Travel Nursing position while...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: PRNSCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem Henrico Doctors’ Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses,...Apply For This Job
Travel ICU (RN) Explore Farmingham, MO while making over $2.1K NET a week helping those in need! Job Details 12H...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Medical City Las Colinas RN Registered Nurse – Clinical Nurse Coordinator Labor & Delivery...Apply For This Job
CorTech International LLC is seeking a general laborer for a local reputable company located in Louisville, KY. Must be okay...Apply For This Job