This is the job description for DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING
Job Title: Director of Sales and Marketing
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: Director of Catering, Sales Managers, Sales Administrative Assistants
Job Purpose: Generation of budgeted top line revenue and RevPAR for the hotel through a successful revenue management strategy.
1. Lead, train & mentor sales staff including hiring, coaching development, performance evaluations, disciplinary
actions and terminations.
2. Perform as the driver of all revenue and ensure quarterly and annual revenue goals are achieved for the hotel.
3. Develop sales action plans, and forecast and evaluate trends to modify strategies that will enhance revenues
4. Ensure hotel participation in all brand revenue management initiatives.
5. Assist in the production of annual hotel business plan.
6. Develop and maintain departmental budget.
7. Lead property revenue meetings always insuring revenue maximization and profit in all areas.
8. Ensure that hotel credit procedures and audit guidelines are followed.
9. Timely submission of required reports to General Manager, Regional Vice President and DDC Corporate Office.
10. Maintain good rapport with local civic groups and companies.
11. Develop and maintain good relationship with DDC Corporate Sales & Marketing staff.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific property
2. Ability to exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Ability to use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
4. Ability to successfully interact with all levels of customers and hotel management.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
Experience: Minimum 3 years hotel sales experience or the equivalent amount of industry experience; OR
equivalent level of education and work experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive to customer appointments.
X Interview, select and train associates
X Set and adjust associates’ rates of pay and hours of work
X Direct the work of associates
X Appraise associates’ productivity & efficiency to recommend promotions or other changes in status
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Plan the work
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
X Determine materials, supplies, machinery, equipment or tools to be used or merchandise to be bought, stocked
X Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and supplies
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
X Plan and control the budget
X Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time
associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing ,
advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other associates are given particular weight.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.
Tagged as: this
Why us? Sage Hospitality Group is set to hire a Manager of Property Accounting to join us here in Denver!...Apply For This Job
Director of Finance – The position is responsible for the supervision of all members of the hotel Finance and Accounting...Apply For This Job
Restaurant General Manager (Please note that potential candidates must be willing to relocate to the Hot Springs, Va. area. Relocation...Apply For This Job
(PAID) Sales & Management Intern – Huge growth potential American Income Life (part of Globe Life, a NASDAQ traded company)...Apply For This Job
Your time. Your Goals. What is DoorDash Available in over 4,000 cities in the U.S, DoorDash connects local businesses and...Apply For This Job