St. David’s North Austin Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Seasonal Intermediate Care Unit Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David’s North Austin Medical Center!
As a Critical Care Registered Nurse (RN) in the Intermediate Care (IMC) Unit, you will be responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, implementing and evaluating care. You will be responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating the care delegated to non-licensed personnel on the team.
* You will perform and document patient assessments at the time of the admission
* You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
* You will document the outcomes of nursing interventions and patient responses
* You will provide educational materials to patients and families on care and treatments
* You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
* You will perform venipuncture, administer and maintain IV fluids and IV medications
* You will review all new physician orders, ensure that orders are carried out and documented correctly, and verify that other departments are notified of orders and services
* You will provide accurate and relevant patient information reports to the Nurse Leader and to the on-coming shift to ensure continuity of care
* 1 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Experience in an acute care setting preferred
* Experience in an adult intensive care unit (ICU) or adult intermediate care unit (IMC) preferred
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David s Healthcare policy
* Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Certification preferred
* Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification preferred
St.David s North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas withmore than 360 beds. The facility is home to St. David s Children s Hospital, St. David s Women sCenter of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Additional servicesoffered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology andneurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery.
St. David s North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David s HealthCare, which is oneof the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.David s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and twolocal non-profits St. David s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
“Across HCA Healthcare s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow.”
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Seasonal Intermediate Care Unit Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Associated topics: coronary, hospice, intensive care, nurse, nurse rn, psychatric, registed, staff nurse, surgical, transitional
Tagged as: Coronary, Hospice, Intensive Care, Nurse, Nurse Rn, Psychatric, Registed, Staff Nurse, surgical, Transitional
Overview Advancing Healthcare Together The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas Why UT Health – East Texas? Our People....Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time Surgical Technologist *** New Hires may receive up to a $15,000 Sign-On Bonus and...Apply For This Job
Centra Healthcare Solutions is seeking an experienced LPN / LVN that is licensed or in the immediate process, and qualifies,...Apply For This Job
*Primary City/State:*Mesa, Arizona*Department Name: *Banner Staffing Services-AZ*Work Shift: *Varied*Job Category:*NursingFlexible scheduling. Rewarding careers. Nurses are the heartbeat of a hospital,...Apply For This Job
Have a car? Earn a $1,000 BONUS + $10,000 GUARANTEE* when you sign up to help transport others to healthcare...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Seasonal Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse you want in your...Apply For This Job