Florida MENTOR, a partner of The MENTOR Network provides services for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and medically complex needs.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges. You will have high-impact work by providing nursing services, training, and supports to address the medical or psychiatric needs of individuals with a brain injury, intellectual and developmental disability, a substance use disorder, and/or has an emotional or behavioral disability.
* Monitor the health conditions of individuals served and ensure quality services are provided.
* Administer medications and provide documentation as well as oversee and monitor staff members who administer medications.
* Provide prescribed medical treatment by physician s orders and personal care services.
* Conduct assessments, implement health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP), and respond to changes of condition.
* Provide training to staff members including universal precautions, infection control, and medication administration.
* Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers as well as work with external agencies to coordinate services and ensure consistent treatment of individuals receiving care.
* Provide training for individuals served with topics including self-medication, prescribed treatments, sex education/STD prevention, and smoking cessation.
* Associate s Degree in Nursing or related field, or state certificate
* One year of experience working with population served in a nursing capacity
* Current state LPN or LVN licensure for state of residence
* Current driver’s license, car registration, and auto insurance
* Other certifications as required by state licensing regulations such as CPR/FA and HIV/AIDS certification, BBP, and ACT training
* Ability to effectively communicate with staff, individuals served, and families
Why Join Us?
* Full, Part-time, and As Needed schedules available.
* Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
* 401(k) with company match.
* Paid time off and holiday pay.
* Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers.
* Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
We have a rewarding work environment for you come join our team Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you ll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Associated topics: lead, licensed practical, med, med surg, mtp, nurse i, nurse ii, nurse iv, vocational, vocational nurse
Tagged as: FL, lead, Licensed Practical, Med, Med Surg, Mtp, Nurse I, Nurse Ii, Nurse Iv, TN, Vocational, Vocational Nurse
Travel MS/Tele Registered Nurse (RN) June Starts! Start your next travel opportunity with this great Registered Nurse (RN) position in...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity....Apply For This Job
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS Psychiatry (PSY) Strong base salary with NO STATE TAX keep more off the top! Relocation – $50,000...Apply For This Job
Travel Med/Tele (RN) Experience Anderson, SC and enjoy your new adventure while bringing home over $2.2K a week ! Job...Apply For This Job
Travel Psych Registered Nurse (RN) May Starts! Start your next travel opportunity with this great Registered Nurse (RN) position in...Apply For This Job