*Job Title**:* Line Cook / Prep Cook *FLSA*: Non-Exempt
*Department:* Wahlburgers at Hy-Vee *Revision Date*: 05/2020
The Line Cook is responsible for supporting the Kitchen Managers to deliver high-quality, great tasting food; proper food safety and sanitation procedures and profitability. The Line Cook is responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications.
Accountable and Reports to: Food Service Director, Kitchen Manager
Direct Reports: None
*Primary Duties and Responsibilities*
* Set up workstations with all needed ingredients, utensils and cooking equipment.
* Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables etc.).
* Ensure great presentation by following recipes and specs.
* Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
* Ensure food safety and sanitation guidelines are followed.
* Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
* Check quality of ingredients.
* Monitor stock levels, restock station as needed.
*Secondary Duties and Responsibilities*
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as required.
*Education and Experience*
No education requirement. 0-2 years of related work experience.
* Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force frequently (energy exerted); and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
* Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
This position is frequently exposed to temperature extremes and dampness. There are possible equipment movement hazards from electrical shock and exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
*Equipment Used to Perform Job*
All kitchen equipment including: Cash register, fryers, ovens, stoves, grills, toasters, can opener, griddle, slicer, refrigerated food prep case, thermometers, knives, dishwasher, ice machine, coffee maker, scales, pop machine, telephone, Point of Sale system.
Responsible for company assets including equipment and merchandise.
Has daily contact with the general public and guests. Has contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Associated topics: appetizer, baker, cocinera de la parrilla, cocinera de produccion, complimentary, cutter, food prep, persona de parilla, prep cook, steakhouse
Tagged as: Appetizer, Baker, Cocinera De La Parrilla, Cocinera De Produccion, Complimentary, Cutter, Food Prep, Persona De Parilla, Prep Cook, Steakhouse
The Opportunity Delaware North Parks and Resorts is searching for Housekeeping Manager Manager to join our team at Park Hotel...Apply For This Job
The Opportunity Delaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring a Prep Cook to join our team at Atlanta Airport's Uncle...Apply For This Job
The Opportunity Delaware North Gaming is hiring Slot Service Technicians to join our team at Gaming & Entertainment Management (GEM)...Apply For This Job
The Opportunity Delaware North Gaming is hiring friendly Stand Attendants to join our team at Finger Lakes Gaming in Farmington,...Apply For This Job
The Opportunity Attracting candidates in today s competitive marketplace requires a complex and evolving attraction strategy. Sourcing talent is no...Apply For This Job