Directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function to include recruiting, training, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of associates relations activities, in order to provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their guest service and business objectives.
– Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient associates. Conduct interviews for all management positions and make hiring recommendations.
– Ensure that associates are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration and monitoring of all training programs.
– Monitor the associate performance appraisal programs. Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable. Direct and administer associate relations programs and activities such as associate recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain a positive associate relations climate.
– Develop, implement and administer policies and programs related to the management of all hotel personnel to ensure the maintenance of a positive and productive employment environment.
– Ensure compliance with all State and Federal laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating verbally and in writing any new requirements. Oversee compliance with Affirmative Action Plan.
– Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to the General Manager, management staff in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the hotel staff by listening and interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
– Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
– Manage all labor relations activities by administering union contracts and ensuring compliance. Respond to all grievances in writing, negotiate settlements and act as the hotel representative at all arbitrations. At applicable properties.
– Oversee pre-selection activities, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures. Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
– Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
– Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
– Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
The W Hotel Lakeshore is the Chicago hotel to see and be scene, and CURRENT is where the fun happens! Located in the trendy Gold Coast neighborhood, CURRENT guests savor amazing waterfront views of Lake Michigan, Chef-driven fare and witty cocktails. The Living Room turns social at night, drawing in travelers and locals alike to be a part of Chicago’s dynamic craft cocktail culutre. Whether in our dining room or in any of our 14,000 square feet of venue space, there is no doubt that we will deliver an unforgettable experience. Situated where you can people watch over Ohio Street Beach, walk to Navy Pier or shop along the Magnificent mile, there are endless possibilities to be a part of the scene!Our associates are offered fantastic benefits to promote a healthy lifestyle including medical, dental and vision coverage, a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program and a commitment to work-life balance. Being a part of the CURRENT team also promotes personal and financial wellness through a 401K with match program, tuition reimbursement for food and beverage related classes or seminars, and market-relevant trainings to stay in the know of the dynamic Chicago bar and restaurant scene. Join our team and stay CURRENT!Don’t meet every single requirement of this job? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At HEI we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still send in your information. You may be the perfect candidate for this or for other roles within our organization!We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.
Tagged as: LiBr, Rams
Why us? Sage Hospitality Group is set to hire an Sous Chef to join us at our newly rebranded and...Apply For This Job
Job Preview Scotlynn USA Division is one of the fastest growing perishable logistics providers in the USA. We specialize in...Apply For This Job
Description Introduction Are you ready to manage in a new era as a PACU Manager where building a healthier tomorrow...Apply For This Job
Company Overview: Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers...Apply For This Job
At Eat’n Park restaurants, we pride ourselves on consistently creating smiles for our guests while providing you with a flexible...Apply For This Job