This is the job description for EXECUTIVE MEETING SALES MANAGER (EMM)
Job Title: Executive Meeting Sales Manager (EMM)
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Director of Sales, Associate Director of Sales
Job Purpose: The Executive Meeting Sales Manager (EMM) will solicit, negotiate and confirm new and repeat business through various efforts (lead follow up, telemarketing, direct mail, referrals, internet prospecting, etc.) to maximize revenues to meet/exceed individual revenue goals. The EMM will prepare and execute sales contracts, event orders, group resumes to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfactions. The EMM will serve and assist in coordinating all function details with clients to include but not limited to space requirements, meeting times, equipment, menus, billing, etc.
1. Receive and respond to all customer inquiries within four business hours. Negotiate and capture all profitable
Rooms & Catering business in accordance with selective selling guidelines.
2. Ability to conduct successful site tours and pre-con meetings when required.
3. Prepare and send requested collateral materials to designated clients or guests. Common collateral materials
might include catering menus, brochures, meeting room layout & seating capacity diagrams, area maps &
4. Prepare and send requested proposals and contracts to designated potential clients.
5. With each customer, coordinate all details pertaining to “Rooming Lists” to include room types, shared rooms,
room locations, handicap-accessible rooms, room billing, etc.
6. Continuously educate Event Planners on hotel procedures, such as: meal guarantees, set-up styles, payment
terms, available hotel services, etc.
7. Coordinate all details to appear on each “Banquet Event Order.” Details to coordinate may include meeting room
set-up specifications, banquet food & beverage items, audio/visual equipment & billing details.
8. On a regular basis, distribute final Rooming Lists and Banquet Event Orders to all applicable service staff,
including the Banquet Service Staff, the Food Preparation Staff and the Rooms Division.
9. Meet clients upon arrival and prior to departure to ensure all details of the contract are being delivered.
10. In a timely, accurate and consistent manner, document and report all sales activities as required.
11. Maintain an active list of top accounts to ensure continuous relationship building activities. Top accounts
should be contacted, visited, entertained, etc. frequently.
12. Perform other services and duties as requested by the Director of Sales. May be called on to host functions and
participate in, or conduct sales blitzes, travel and work extended hours to achieve departmental goals.
13. Understand the importance of raising the meeting planner evaluation scores and implement effective methods
to ensure exceeding meeting planner satisfaction
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Exhibit computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheet, and familiarity with brand specific
property Management System(s).
2. Exercise excellent communication, presentation, organization, time management and listening skills.
3. Use analytical skills for measuring business potential and value to the hotel.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or University in Hospitality, Business, Marketing, or related field
Experience: Minimum 1 -2 year’s experience in Convention Services, Banquet, Hotel Sales, Marketing, or
equivalent education and experience.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Able to work overtime and/or irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.
Tagged as: Contracts, Event
Do you want to own your own business? You are not alone, approximately 85% of the new franchise owners were...Apply For This Job
The DoubleTree Suites, located in Phoenix, AZ, is looking for an experienced Hotel General Manager to lead their property! The...Apply For This Job
This is the job description for ASSISTANT CHIEF ENGINEER (SALARIED). Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer (Salaried)Department: MaintenanceCompany: Dimension HospitalityReports To:...Apply For This Job
The Company We are a family of locally owned and operated brands here in Branson: Save on Branson, Thousand Hills...Apply For This Job
Your time. Your Goals. What is DoorDash Available in over 4,000 cities in the U.S, DoorDash connects local businesses and...Apply For This Job