Reporting to the Regional Director, Comprehensive Care Management, the Director, Comprehensive Care Management leads and directs the overall operations of the Continuum of Care/Case Management Department including supervision of Case Managers, Social Workers, technical, and clerical staff. The Director ensures that high quality services are delivered in a manner that meets the needs of patients, their families, physicians, and the hospital. Prepares and manages the departmental budget in accordance with sound fiscal practices and in compliance with Baylor Scott & White policies and procedures.
This position has oversight of our Pediatric Trauma Center Baylor Scott & White McLane Children s comprehensive care management program.
– Establishes and communicates department specific policies and procedures that support and advance department objectives.
– Directs and oversees operations in accordance with approved budgets and business necessities.
– Manages and directs department staff to create and maintain a fair and supportive work environment that fosters individual growth.
– Ensures appropriate staffing levels are maintained to meet department needs by recruiting new staff members and retaining existing staff.
– Completes yearly performance evaluations on all staff who are direct reports utilizing organizational principles of integrated and aligned goals.
– Demonstrates and leads departmental lean activities and supports staff in creating and meeting huddle board goals.Identifies and resolves potential and actual service problems in a timely and professional manner using appropriate leadership skills.
– Collaborates with other directors, managers, and senior leadership to effectively resolve problems and develop and implement long range plans and objectives.Implements and monitors practice policies for staff to ensure compliance with all Federal and State regulatory requirements with support from Senior COC Leadership.Oversees and ensures a integrated model of COC with licensed professionals (RNs and Social Workers) who work within their scope of practice, clinical expertise, and license restrictions, and the para-professional staff (Case Management Assistants, Discharge Advocates, and clerical) who support the professional staff.
– Provides consultation to staff who might need assistance or direction on patient care situations that arise at all hours of the day and night including weekends and holidays. Participates in professional development activities to maintain current knowledge of industry trends and practices. Encourages and supports staff in a similar manner.
– Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:*
– Experience working with a pediatric patient population
– If RN, Masters Degree in Nursing preferred
– If Social Worker, MSW or LCSW Seven years experience with five years in Case Management, Utilization Review, Social Work, or other health care employment required. Previous managerial experience preferred
– Bachelor s Degree required, Master s preferred
– 7+ years of experience
– MSW, LCSW or RN License
Associated topics: ad, demand generation, donor, endowment, event, facebook, lead generation, mba, medical center, university relationship
Tagged as: Ad, Demand Generation, Donor, Endowment, Event, Facebook, Lead Generation, Mba, Medical Center, University Relationship
Overview The Intermediate Care Registered Nurse will provide care to neuro-medical-respiratory-surgical, post-trauma and sepsis patients, as well as borderline ICU...Apply For This Job
Job Description Travel Med/Surg Registered Nurse (RN) in Glen Burnie, MD! GHR Travel nursing is currently working to staff a...Apply For This Job
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)SCHEDULE: Full-time SIGN-ON Bonus Offered Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion....Apply For This Job
*Operate Forklifts safely*Pull work tickets correctly.*Re-stock ground level bin locations.*Perform cycle counts when needed*Bin locate(put away) incoming product.*Perform daily audits...Apply For This Job
Travel ICU Registered Nurse (RN) in Orange City, FL Earn $3462/week gross pay for ICU position while living in Orange...Apply For This Job