This is the job description for ASSISTANT CHIEF ENGINEER (SALARIED).
Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer (Salaried)
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Supervises: Maintenance Associates
Job Purpose: To supervise maintenance operations as well as repair and maintain physical structure of the hotel.
1. Assume control of the Engineering Department when the Chief Engineer is not available.
2. Ensure projects are completed according to specifications and on time by studying work schedules and
estimating worker-hour requirements for completion.
3. Maintain hotel, pool, and surrounding area, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring,
HVAC functions, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
4. Respond to guest requests for service according to company policy. Keep records of rooms completed.
5. Observe equipment and utility meter readings daily
6. Maintain files for Material Safety Data Sheets, learn emergency procedures
7. Work closely with Housekeeper and Front Desk managers to ensure coordination of activities. May confer with
other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
8. Perform work within departmental expense plans
9. Analyze and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving problems. Initiate or suggest plans to motivate
workers. Recommend or initiate personal actions, such as training, promotions, transfers, discharges, and
disciplinary measures. Reward employees who meet/exceed expectations. Confer with workers’ representatives.
10. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on regular basis
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor
relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs,
hospitality law, and long-range planning.
2. Use arithmetic to measure, compute amount of materials to use, and to inspect product to be sure it conforms
Education: Vocational Institution Certificate and completion of apprenticeship in plumbing/electrical repair
Experience: 2+ years of hands on experience at a comparable location.
Licenses/Certifications: None Required
Management Activities: Check all that apply
X Interview, select and train associates
X Direct the work of associates
X Appraise associates’ productivity & efficiency to recommend promotions or other changes in status
X Handle associate complaints
X Discipline associates
X Determine the techniques to be used
X Apportion the work among associates
X Determine materials, supplies, machinery, equipment or tools to be used or merchandise to be bought, stocked
X Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
X Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
X Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time associates or their equivalent (1 full-time
associate at 40 and 2 half-time associates at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time associates).
X Authority to hire or fire other associates, or makes suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing,
advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other associates are given weight.
Physical Requirements and working conditions: Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions and near others.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Extreme cold (non-weather)
X Walk extended distances
X Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Near moving or mechanical parts
X On high precarious places
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X With fumes or airborne particles
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Near toxic or caustic chemicals
X Near risk of electrical shock
X Near loud noises
X In areas of strong vibration
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.
Associated topics: electric, electrical engineer, electrician, kv, msee, plc, power, schema, wire, wiring
Tagged as: electric, Electrical Engineer, Electrician, Kv, Msee, Plc, power, Schema, Wire, Wiring
Your time. Your Goals. What is DoorDash Available in over 4,000 cities in the U.S, DoorDash connects local businesses and...Apply For This Job
Full-time 8:30am – 5:00pm, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. $15/hr. $1,000 Sign-On Bonus Love creating and facilitating activities that stimulate...Apply For This Job
Hotel: Doubletree – DIA DoubleTree DIA is looking for an experienced Sous Chef to add to our culinary team! We...Apply For This Job
At Eat’n Park restaurants, we pride ourselves on consistently creating smiles for our guests. As our shift supervisor, you set...Apply For This Job
Highgate Hotels Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the...Apply For This Job